Monday, February 4, 2013

One Year Old

Titus,

It seems like just yesterday I was dreaming of being a mommy  and wishing that I could have my very own baby to love.  And now, you've been here for a whole year!!  Motherhood is HARD, but its by far the best job I've ever had.  I wanted to write down a little bit about what you are up to these days so that I will have something to look back on when you are older.  I know I'm going to forget all the little details so I'm hoping that I can do a better job blogging this year. 

NEWEST ACHIEVEMENTS: Everyday you seem to be learning something new.  Your vocabulary is growing rapidly, you say da da, mama, da (dog), da -si (Daisy Grandma's Dog), kee (Kitty), Go, Yay, and lots of other words that I have no idea what they mean.  You have also started pointing at things that you see that interest you.  It's very cute!!  On your first birthday you were taking a few steps, like maybe one or two in a row, but one week later you were taking up to 7 or 8 steps in a row!  And now, less than a month later you are almost running!!  And you love to climb!  I'm scared of all the places I know I'm going to find you in the near future!  Yikes!  So far, I've only found you on top of the hearth, the couch, standing in your rocking chair, and also standing on top of your little fisher price car. 

PERSONALITY: You love to smile and laugh!  You have just learned how to fake laugh and smile and it just cracks me up.  You are also quite stubborn!  Yikes!  I pray that I can be firm enough and consistent with my "No's".  You have been experiencing some stranger awareness anxiety over the last month and a half, but on the flip side, you will flirt with just about anyone that makes eye contact with you!! 

SLEEP: You are a very early riser, you are up most days by 5:30, sometimes earlier and occasionally you let me sleep in until 6:30!!  You are still taking two naps a day, but you seem to think you only need one nap so I usually have to fight to get you to take the second nap.  You have never been a very good napper but now you will actually sleep for at least an hour, sometimes two.  And you are usually sound asleep for the evening by 7:30.  You still wake up a round midnight to nurse but I'm hoping that you will soon sleep through the night!  In fact last night you didn't wake up until 4:20, so maybe we are getting closer.

FOOD:  So far you still prefer nursing more than any other type of food.  You nurse probably three or four times a day and once in the middle of the night.  It makes me laugh because I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to nurse you and now I'm worried I'll never be able to wean you!! But I have really enjoyed our time together and I know that I will miss it once we are done.  You do take a bottle when I'm at work and you are slowly getting better at eating actual food.  You are just a very SLOW eater so we have to be patient and remember not to rush you!  :)  Your favorite food is Cheerios or Puffs.  You also enjoy yogurt, bananas, avocados, beans, macaroni and cheese and oranges.  You are also quite good at begging.  If I'm eating something you will squawk at me until I share a bite (that you usually just chew on and then spit back out!).  You have figured out how to feed the dogs and you love to watch them scurry over when you "share" your food by dropping it down to them. 

FUN: We take you for lots of walks in our jogging stroller and you love it.  You rarely make a peep so you must enjoy watching everything go by as we are walking.  I've taken you to the park and while you like to walk around and enjoy the slide, you do NOT like the swing!  You don't want to swing by yourself, or with me, even watching me swing makes you cry.  It's weird, and I hope you get over your fear soon because I REALLY want to push you in the swing at the park. You are also showing us how much you really are ALL boy, you love to wrestle, and also to chase us and to be chased by us!  It's adorable!

Precious baby I'm so glad God gave you to us!  We have enjoyed every minute with you and cannot wait to see what this next year holds for you.  I pray that God keeps you safe and healthy and helps me and daddy be exactly the parents you need us to be!!

Love you tons!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! I totally get what you mean about the fact that you used to worry you wouldn't be able to nurse and now your concern is whether you'll be able to wean. By the way, you will. Someday, some way, somehow, you'll do it. But don't rush it if you don't have to.

    ReplyDelete