Sunday, October 27, 2013

A new beginning

Well my period arrived right on schedule this month (which is awesome since it's been a little sketchy ever since I stopped nursing over the summer). And today (day 3) was my first dr visit. We dropped the little T-man off with my mom and dad at about 5:15 this morning and hit the road. Three hours and a few stops later we arrived for our appointment. I only had a mini melt down after we parked the car. Just so many memories of all the trips we made two and half years ago for my surgery and our IVF cycle. They are good memories. I just don't want my new memories from this cycle to ruin them (I know, I'm getting way ahead of myself! One day at a time Amy, one day at a time!). 

Anyway, our appointment was quick and uneventful, I think we were in and out of there in 30 minutes. Dr K had the weekend off, so we didn't get to see him, but the Dr we saw was very nice. Everything looked normal and we got the go ahead to start the estrogen shots today, provided my bloodwork came back ok. We were almost home when my phone rang and the nurse said everything was great and I could start shots. Yikes! This is really happening!  

I'm not going to lie, I was nervous about doing them again. I don't mind the pain, but the anticipation of it is nervewracking. But thankfully my hubs is still a pro and I didn't feel a thing. I'm sure a few more shots in it will start hurting some, but I am just glad to get that first one under my belt. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment