Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Baby steps

Did my second beta this morning. I was anxious to hear the results and nervous about getting them at work. Prepared for the worst, I was shocked when the nurse called and said they had gone up to 60!!! Now that is still a very low number, but I can't believe it more than doubled!!  They are going to have me repeat the lab work on Monday to see how/if things are progressing. She said this could still be a miscarriage or it could be a pregnancy outside of my uterus which is why they will keep repeating the labs until they (Lord willing) get a number they are comfortable with. 

I feel like I should be really freaked out right now. But I am not. I'm just thankful. Thankful for another few days to be pregnant. Thankful to not get bad news right before thanksgiving (my favorite holiday). Thankful for all the people who are praying for me and loving on me. It's all God. I should be a mess. And it could all still end badly, and in that event I reserve the right to have a good cry and a glass of wine. But, for today it isn't over. And I will take that. 

"Blessed be the Lord, for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me when I was in a besieged city." (Psalm 31:21 ESV) 

This verse really ministered to me today. The 2WW (and now beyond) can really feel like "a besieged city". Stuck with no where to go, outcome unknown. But He is with us. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great news about the BETA number! I will be keeping you in my prayers as you wait.

    ReplyDelete