Monday, January 27, 2014

Goals for the new year...

I know the first day of 2014 was almost a month ago, but it's STILL January so I'm going to say that it's not too late to do a "goals for the new year" post!! :-)

So here are mine:
-Read 12 books (one a month, that's doable, right?)
-Memorize Psalm 34
-Finish photo books for the last THREE years (yikes am I really that far behind??)
-Cut out sugar (at least 5 days a week)
-Pay off last student loan
-Keep blogging (I'm kind of getting addicted!) 

So yeah, those are my goals. Nothing crazy or extreme. Just some specific things I've been working towards. 

In a more general sense I know some people picked a word for 2014. And I thought that was a really neat idea. So my word is BRAVE. 

I want to be...
-brave enough to face another FET. 
-brave enough to allow God to work in my heart in whatever ways He sees fit. 
-brave enough to surrender it all to Him, all my hopes, all my dreams, and know that He is able, and His plan is good. 

Blessings,
Amy


2 comments:

  1. LOVE your word of the year! That was the one I was thinking of too when I chose strength. We want to be brave, strong women...I think God can do that. Praying for you, Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace! I know that God wants to use ALL circumstances for HIS glory, and in that I find SO much comfort. :)

      Delete