Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunshine Award





I'm super honored that Candace at The Loveliest Way nominated me for a Sunshine Award.  I love her honest and God fearing posts as she writes her way through her infertility journey.  Reading her blog inspired me to blog thru my last cycle, and I'm so glad I did as it was very therapeutic and has given me some great memories that I wouldn't have had otherwise. I just cannot wait to see how God ends up making her a mama!  I know that it is going to be the most awesome story ever.  :)

Okay, now to answer my questions...
 
1. Do you prefer savory or sweet for breakfast?
Oh dear, this is hard.  Breakfast is hands down my favorite meal.  In fact if we eat somewhere that serves breakfast all day I will usually order it for dinner.  :)  I almost always go for french toast or waffles, but I like to make sure the meal comes with eggs and HASH BROWNS.  I'm a sucker for potatoes!!  So I guess I like both savory AND sweet for breakfast!!

2. What is a beauty product you simply cannot live without?
Foundation.  And I really haven't found the "perfect" one yet.  But there is still time!  I've always struggled with acne so I feel most comfortable when I can at least have some foundation on.

3. Complete the sentence: I wish I had more time for...
SEWING!  I really like to sew.  But I'm not that great at it and it's really hard to find the time now to work on projects.  A toddler plus sewing equals a very messy house!!

4. What is the last book you read?
The Hiding Place, by Corrie TenBoom.  Such a great read.  I highly recommend it.  Her optimism just has a way of pulling you out of whatever your sad situation is and helping you try to see the blessings in the situation.  It has seriously been a lifesaver through this last treatment cycle, pregnancy and miscarriage.

5. Which do you prefer: a live or fake Christmas tree?
Live all the way!  Although I'm a tight-wad at heart, so spending money on something that is going to die kind of kills me a little.  But still, the smell of a REAL tree cannot be replicated.  :) (in my opinion of course!)

6. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
Probably Joy to the World.  That is what Jesus really is after all.  Our joy.  :)

7. If you could own a home anywhere, where would it be?
Probably somewhere on the central coast.  We love Morro Bay (I know that probably makes us sound like 50 year olds!) but we like the slower pace and it's where Ryan proposed and where we honeymooned and where we like to camp.  So, yeah, it holds a lot of good memories.  But like I always tell Ryan, if we lived there, then where would we retreat too?

8. Which do you like better: gold or silver?
Agh, another tough one!  Good questions Candace!!  I was ALWAYS a silver girl, even my wedding ring is white gold, and I wore very little gold.  But now gold is growing on me and I wear it a lot more.  So I can't pick. And honestly I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but it is one of my life goals to get better at accessorizing. :)

9. If you were a flower, what flower would you be?
A tulip.  Those are my favorite flowers.  :)

10. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
Another tough one!!  Probably Philippians, if I had to pick.  But Proverbs is a close second.

11. What is something you're held to or remembered this Christmas season?
Gratitude/Thankfulness.  I really feel like it is the key to having joy no matter the circumstances.  And it has been so impressed on my heart, that I'm just gonna go with it as my theme for a while.  :)

Okay, so here are my nominations (I don't have very many, as I'm new to regularly blogging). Each one of these women has been an encouragement to me, whether it's sending a text message, leaving a kind comment on a post, or reminding me that they're praying for me. Thank you!

Life with the Shacks!
Baby Blues 2 Baby Shoes
teach me to braid

Now for your questions. Answer them in a blog post, add the image to your post, and then nominate eleven bloggers who deserve this award! (You can answer the questions even if you can't come up with eleven new bloggers, obviously I couldn't!! So no worries if you are like me and only nominate a couple of them.). Also, if you happen to read my blog and I don't know about you (coz you've never commented!) now is a great time to come "out of the closet" and let me know you are out there. :-) Just consider yourself nominated and post a link to your post in the comments.


1.  What is your favorite time of year?
2.  Do you have a hobby, if so, what is it?
3.  What is your go-to pick me up when you are having a bad day?
4.  Do you watch any sports?  If so, who is your favorite team?
5.  Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
6.  What has been your favorite bible verse lately?
7.  What is your go-to recipe/meal when taking someone a meal? (If possible, please share a link, I am always looking for new yummy recipes!). 
8.  If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?
9.  What was your first job (one where they took taxes out of your paycheck!!). 
10.  What number child are you in your family? (First, only, third, etc.) and do you like it or not?
11.  Share a goal you have for 2014. It can be a major goal or just a silly one. :-)
 
Once your posts are up, just put a link in the comments. :)  Thanks again, Candace for nominating me, sorry it took me so long to finally finish this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment