Monday, March 10, 2014

No surprises...

Finally got the call. Beta was negative of course. Dr K wants to do a follow up with us in person on Saturday. And he also apparently wants to see about doing an MRI on my pelvis. I have no idea why? Kinda freaky. But anyway. Glad I at least avoided beta purgatory this time.   

I am truly bummed, last night was particularly hard. I always wanted a big family and it's hard to think that this 8 year journey is possibly over. I've spent three years praying and hoping and wishing that those embryos would make it when the time came to use them. And now they are gone.  

I am praying Dr K will have some sort of insight to give us. Maybe some treatment options to pray about, or just clarity that this chapter in our lives is, in fact, over. 

There aren't any easy answers folks. Just a hope that ultimately this world is not our home, and that God is still good, and still with us. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy - I'm so sorry. I was hoping right along with you, and my heart breaks that you won't get to hold these babies this side of heaven. Sometimes, all we do is hold to the truths we know, like you said: this world is not our home, God is still good, God is still with us. All true and all powerful in providing comfort. Praying for you and your hub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =( Not the results I wanted for you! I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete