Thursday, February 27, 2014

Overdue update!

Sorry I've dropped the ball this time on the updates!! Everything has been going so so fast this time!  Here are the highlights....

At my second lining check, my lining was already at 19!!! Yikes!  The nurse said she's never seen it that thick, but that it wasn't a bad thing, just needed to be over 8 prior to transfer. She then flipped through my chart and said that it looked like I always have thick lining. It was a 16, the appointment before Titus was transferred, and an 18 the appointment before August baby was transferred. But she noted that I'd never had lining that thick, that early, or ever during an ARTs cycle. Well, of course it weirded me out to be outside of the norm (funny how we all just want to be "normal", right?). So I did what every "normal" person would do and consulted Dr Google (big mistake). I google a lot. I work as an assistant planner writing environmental docs like MNDs and EIRs, have I lost you yet? So, before you assume that I spend my days on my high horse saving squirrels and kit fox, let me just state that I'm a pretty conservative gal (married to a cop so yeah know, I believe in that whole, right to bear arms thing, etc), these documents are supposed to be disclosure documents written from an unbiased opinion. Basically we have to find out what the county/city standards are and make sure that the new project complies with those standards and any state or federal laws. Basically like writing a big term paper. BORING, I know, but it pays the bills and I can work part time and even from home if needed. Ok, so back to googling, as a planner I google a lot. In fact I consider myself somewhat of a professional googler. :-). So when I googled "thick lining" and hardly anything pertinate came up, that was a red flag to me. It seems that thin lining is the predominate problem out there. I did find a few things and it was all pretty split. Some said lining could never be too thick others said you don't want it over a 16 or 18. Ok, so here is where I started to panic a little. 

But wait, there is more...  I've been working out several days a week since January, and I think it's been helpful in keeping my anxity low-ish and I've been sleeping better (for some reason the delestrogen seems to screw with my normally good sleeping pattern). Anyway, I did a legs/abs work out that night. And then I started spotting. I've never spotted before a transfer. But here I was with bright red spotting that lasted for a couple hours. Ugh. Now I was in full on panic mode and once again, google didn't have a lot to say about it. This was a Saturday. I called Sunday morning and left a message for a nurse to call me back, which they usually do, but for some reason no one did. Monday I finally got a hold of a nurse and she said that it was still early enough in the cycle that everything was probably fine. But she did say that my lining was pretty darn thick and that sometimes that can cause bleeding and that fluid in the uterus is bad. So, if they saw any on my next ultrasound they would probably cancel this cycle. She also said to call her if I had any more bleeding. 

Whomp, whomp, whomp!

I spent the rest of the week thinking that they were probably going to cancel my transfer. I was bummed. But good news was that I had not had any more spotting.  This past Saturday was my last lining check and low and behold it was "perfect", no fluid and measuring at 18. Somehow I'd managed to think it was going to be a crazy number like 24 or something. So transfer was definitely a GO!!  

Today at 10:30, I will get to meet our last two littles. I'm overjoyed and a little sad that these are our last two. I can't help but wonder if this is the last time I will ever have a real chance at being pregnant. But, I try not to linger on that thought for too long. Mostly I'm just trying to focus on the joy of getting to be pregnant again, even if it's just for a few hours.  I pray that they survive the thaw.  I pray that God breathes life into their little cells and that they snuggle in and GROW!! I pray that I would have the privilege of meeting them again in nine months. And I also pray that God would give me the strength to face whatever comes next. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to get an update! I hope it went well this morning. I know that feeling of transferring those last few embryos. Praying they make it!

    ReplyDelete