Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Crazy Crafter!

So in an effort to stay busy and also finish up some holiday projects I got busy this past weekend!!

First up, our Christmas ornaments for this year!!
They were really easy to make and also, not breakable!! Which is a big PLUS if you have a toddler snooping around in your tree! :-) I got the free pattern and instructions here

Next up, I finally made Titus a name blanket. 
I have enjoyed making these as baby gifts for a while now, but never got around to making one for Titus (mom fail!). So since he's almost two, I made it a little bigger (1.5 yds of fabric instead of just 1 yd) and I used Cars themed flannel for the back of the blanket since that is one of his favorite cartoons.  I don't use a specific tutorial for these just kind of my take on the minky blankets with an applique name. 

Lastly, I realized this year, while unpacking our Christmas decor that Titus didn't have a stocking!! (Another mom fail, coz this is his second Christmas!!!). So I found a cute tutorial here and got busy. 

Whew!  I wish I had more time to sew, it is so therapeutic for me.  :)  But between working part-time and chasing a busy toddler it is hard to squeeze it in.  So this past weekend was a great reminder to me that I need to make time for sewing more often.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I am SUPER impressed with your crafting and sewing skills! I am a wanna be sewer. I want to sew but never make the time. Ha ha! The stocking is especially super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found I am only a "sewer" if I do projects I can finish within the same day I start them. So all of these were really easy and quick projects. And I should also mention that my house looked like a bomb went off in it because I pretty much let T do whatever he wanted (as long as he wasn't hurting himself). Lol!!

      Delete