Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Words of Truth



'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' -Isaiah 41:10 

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. (Psalm 139:13, 14 ESV)

Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. (Psalm 139:16 ESV)

As I've struggled with fear and doubts this pregnancy, the words above have been a balm to my weary soul.  I told Ryan I felt liked I was way more worried and scared this time around, and he laughed at me!! So apparently I have blocked out some of my last pregnancy. The truth is I think it just all seems scarier when you are in the middle of it. 

I love that Christmas is next week and I'm meditating on the words and verses above, and remembering to be thankful for what I have today, instead of worried about tomorrow. Sorry if this all sounds like a broken record. (Trust me I feel like one sometimes!) I just need to put it all out there. Seeing both worries and truths in writing makes the truths more powerful, and the fear less overwhelming. So if you are still reading thanks for sticking with me. And if you have a favorite verse that calms your soul, please share!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment